Our Members Are Community-Based Organizations
They are known locally by many names such as family place, neighbourhood house, maison de la famille, parent-child centre or family resource program, and are guided by principles which focus on building supportive relationships, facilitating growth, respecting diversity and furthering community development. Our members are given unique opportunities to participate in ground-breaking research and policymaking which benefits their organizations, family resource programs as a whole, and families across Canada. Our duty is to serve as a unified voice for family resource programs.
Our Commitment to the Community and our Members
- To research and provide tools designed to assist family resource programs
- To develop and deliver training for service providers and organizations
- To publish primary resources addressing issues in family support and community development
- To provide benefits to our members to help reduce the cost and simplify logistics of operations
- To act as the hub for a national network of family resource programs
- To serve as a voice for family resource programs at the national level
- To educate and promote family support programs to the community at large
Benefits of Membership
- Voting privileges at all duly constituted members’ meeting
- Regular issues of the FRP Canada electronic newsletters
- Your organization included in FRP Canada’s on-line directory of member family resource programs in Canada
- The opportunity to join FRP Canada and Halpenny Insurance’s Coverage Program:
- $1 Million limit for Abuse Liability
- $5 Million limit for Commercial General Liability
- $5 Million limit for Errors & Omissions Liability
- $5 Million limit for Directors’ & Officers’ Liability
- Full crime coverage including theft of money on and off site
- Employee dishonesty, including volunteers
- Coverage for employees and volunteers including wrongful dismissal
- Full electrical and mechanical breakdown for computers
- Business Interruption coverage
- New extensions of coverage and broader limits
- 24-hour emergency claims
- Toll-free customer service number
- Fast, efficient and courteous customer service delivered by experienced insurance professionals specializing in associations
- Access to the e-Valuation system – practical, meaningful and appropriate evaluation tools developed by FRP Canada specifically for its members
- The opportunity to take part in national projects and conversations
- Discounts on travel with Via Rail. Members, sign in with your username and password, and click this link to see the details.
- Discounts on national and regional professional development events
- Membership in a diverse network of people committed to providing preventive, community-based, culturally relevant support and resources to hundreds of thousands of families across Canada
- Partnership at the national level in promoting the interests of children, youth, families and the family support movement
- Wyndham Hotel Group Discount Program
- Grand & Toy Small Business PLUS Program
- Avis Corporate Account Program
Ready to Become a Member?
Join Us on this Journey!
Your contributions support the creation of outstanding and meaningful resources to hundreds of thousands of families across Canada. Help us create a brighter future, today!