Participants attending the FRP Canada National Conference are often from small communities and are excited to receive very practical professional development and to have the opportunity to explore ideas and best practices they can take back home to the families and children that they work with.
About the Conference
Under the banner of the Power of Play the conference will be 3 full days of workshops and keynote speakers focussing on the various ways that Play intersects with children we work with. Topics include:
- The physical literacy of children;
- The attachment process for children with their Dad’s through play;
- Active and outdoor play;
- How different forms of play support development of key resiliency strengths in both children and adults;
- How to slow the compression of childhood and bring back play;
- Improving outdoor winter play for young children;
- Engaging children with a Dual Diagnosis (Intellectual disability + behavior or mental health diagnosis) in play
- Understanding of the diverse needs of children and youth with developmental disabilities
- Risky play
Our Financial Literacy morning will touch upon various topics including:
- Working with families who are experiencing financial stress
- Income Tax preparation clinics
- Available federal government benefits for families
- Support for family resource centres
- Available resources for service providers
Other conference topics include: Fathering; Healthy Together program; A Child’s Right to Play (Article 31 UNCRC); Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support in the Canadian Context, a full day session of the Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program, and so much more. Check back here as we continue to add new speakers to our agenda.
Join Us on this Journey!
Your contributions support the creation of outstanding and meaningful resources to hundreds of thousands of families across Canada. Help us create a brighter future, today!